Caritas St Josephs aims to enable people with learning disabilities to participate fully in the life of their church and community, by providing a varied programme of courses at their activities centre in Hendon, which currently has an intake of over 190 students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced individual to join the team at Caritas St Josephs as a Learning Support Assistant.
Based in Hendon, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the teaching and supporting of the students to reach their full potential within this course
- Working in line with Caritas St Josephs course planning, evaluation, and student monitoring systems
- Working in accordance with Caritas St Josephs Health and Safety policies, confidentially policy, in line with safeguarding vulnerable adults procedures
- Liaising in a professional manner with colleagues with other agencies regarding the course content and student welfare/participation. To accurately and promptly communicate to other professionals and carers as directed by policy and good practice
- Actively participating in supervision and training sessions
- Working within the overall strategy and budget for the Centre
This is an opportunity for a hardworking self-motivator to make a real difference to our vital work.
This post is subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please click on the link below for the job description
Salary: £xx per hour
Hours of work: 6 hours per week, term time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 30 June 2019
To be considered for the role, please complete an online application. CVs will NOT be considered, therefore, please do not send them.
Please note that you will need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. You must provide proof of Right to Work in the UK. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.