The Catholic Diocese of Westminster is led by Cardinal Vincent Nichols and is home to Westminster Cathedral, 209 parishes and 211 schools, serving people in 17 Local Authorities in London north of the Thames, as well as Hertfordshire and part of Surrey.
We fulfil our mission through a huge range of activities, from supporting parishes and schools, to hundreds of projects helping those most in need in society, including a refuge for female survivors of human trafficking and a social enterprise hub that enables marginalised people to start their own business
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for our mission and a flair for events management and marketing to join our Education service.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and managing the Continual Professional Development (CPD) programme for schools and colleges, including publication and promotion.
- Managing all aspects of course and conference organisation: budgets, venues, bookings; communication, front of house delivery – reception; set up of venues; hospitality and catering and payment of all invoices.
- Data analysis following events and use of data in new proposals and business cases.
- Undertaking research for prospective events, themes and speakers.
- Acting as an advocate and public face for the Education Service to maximise the profile of the organisation and promote the diocese core purpose and values.
This role is both hands on and strategic. We need someone who has excellent organisational and communication skills, can prioritise and meet deadlines, together with a vision for developing new events that meet the needs of the teachers and leaders of our 211 Catholic schools and colleges.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week(8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday with occasional evenings, Saturdays and overnight
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Closing date: 21 August 2019 at noon
Interview date: 28 August 2019 at
Job reference: 100-70308
Please click below for the job description